Friday, August 30, 2013

Zumba Fun


I haven't been able to go to Zumba as often as I'd like (only about 1 time a week lately instead of 2-3 times a week like before).  I have an awesome teacher. I introduced myself the first time I met her and she remembers my name. It helps that we are both Julie!! (But she's knows a lot of us by name.) She's even texted me when she hadn't seen me in a while.  Julie usually teaches on Monday and Wednesday.


Last class I had with her (about 2 weeks ago) she asked if I minded if she pointed me out in class. She will often point out how people modify the steps to make it work for them.  That gave me a boost of confidence.


Last night I got a bigger boost. She was trying to decide on the next song. (Julie tends to be a bit of a free spirit. She never used the same songs in the same order.) I said, "Do my song!" And I did the starting motions. "The one you sent me." (A couple of months ago, she stayed late after class and went over some steps with us. I finally got it, and now it's my favorite. Julie texted me the name of the song: Danza Kuduro by Don Omar.)
Julie figured out the song I was referring to and asked if I would join her on the stage for it. I told her only if she stayed up there with me. The class cheered for me when I went up.

I was able to do the entire done with just a few mess ups. It was a lot of fun. Julie is an awesome teacher, and she loves to share the stage (literally). And she made my day.




I had to include this last one. Julie kept asking us if we were tired. I was tired when I walked in!!





2 comments:

  1. I zumba on the wii at home and absolutely love it! Such a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd like zumba, but darned if I'm not having fun reading how excited YOU are about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support on this journey. Please be nice (to me and to other commenters).

Donors Choose Update

Since my previous post on Donors Choose , a lot has happened. Shortly after I changed schools in August, I was invited to be a Donors Choose...